Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Baseball Card Show

Yesterday my son and I did something I hadn't done for at least a few years...we went to a baseball card show.  While he was most concerned with insert cards containing either autographs or a scrap of player's jersey, what I found most fun was seeing (and purchasing) some of the cards that I collected when I was his age and younger.

We both came away from the show a little poorer but with smiles on out faces. He got a couple autographed cards (Jack Morris and Mizzou alum Max Scherzer) and a Tony Gwynn jersey card.  I was proud of him for his good taste in players to collect as well as the good bargains he got on all three.

As for me, I found a bunch of fun cards that brought back memories from my youth.  My favorite vendor was one who was selling cards from the 70s that were in less than mint condition.  He had an album full of cards and was selling them four for a dollar.  Below is a sampling of some of what I was able to get at a quarter a pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment