Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Hawk

When I first started this blog, it was for the purpose of reminiscing and sharing items from my childhood. The more I reminisced, the more I got bit by the collecting bug once again! I needed to figure out a project to focus on though, and I settled on trying to get as many 1987 Topps cards signed as possible. After a couple years out to players, I got up to almost 200.

Due to a lot of reasons, I got away from the project. I've decided to get back to work on it though, and the first new additions were these two of Andre Dawson (one from the base set, one from the "traded" set). In 1987, Dawson won the MVP despite playing for a last place team AND tying for 25th in the National League in WAR. But he led the league with 49 home runs and 137 RBIs. He had two other seasons where he came in second in the MVP voting (1981 & 1983) and won the Rookie of the Year Award in 1977, on his way to a Hall of Fame career.


No comments:

Post a Comment