FUTURE HALL OF FAMERS:
- Goose Gossage
- Paul Molitor
- Robin Yount
- Wade Boggs (3x)
- Dave Winfield (who hit a home run for us)
- Eddie Murray
- Cal Ripken (who hit a home run for us)
- Jack Morris (who pitched like every bit the ace he was)
- Jose Canseco
- Harrold Baines
- Mark McGwire
- Albert Belle
- Lou Whitaker
- Cecil Fielder
- Roger Clemens (2x)
- Joe Carter
- Don Mattingly (3x)
- Lee Smith
Phil Plantier became a favorite of mine by hitting clutch home runs for us on back-to-back days.
We visited the Baseball Hall of Fame, the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum, and Mickey Mantle's Restaurant.
We went to the top of the Empire State Building to take in the breathtaking New York skyline, and we beheld the amazing natural beauty of Niagara Falls.
We saw a softball game, played a little wiffle ball, and played A LOT of Strat-o-Matic Baseball!
We of course got to see seven ballgames in six ballparks, three of which no longer exist.
- County Stadium...A's 6 - Brewers 1
- Tiger Stadium...Indians 4 - Tigers 2 (11 innings)
- Skydome...Blue Jays 4 - Red Sox 0
- Fenway Park...Red Sox 1 - Yankees 0
- Fenway Park...Red Sox 4 - Yankees 3 (10 innings)
- Shea Stadium...Cardinals 8 - Mets 3
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards...Orioles 10 - Yankees 7
I caught a souvenir ball in batting practice.
And Eric and I got to create shared memories that will forever seal our friendship.